Website, Email & Cookie Usage Policy.
We at ComputerMonster.co.uk are totally committed to protecting your privacy. We comply with the principles of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 subsequently incorporating the EU Cookie Regulations of May 2011. We conform with the EU General Data Protection Regulation from 25 May 2018.
- What information do we collect about you?
- How will we use the information about you?
- Email Marketing
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect information about you in order to process your order and send you our mailshots. That information will only be shared with other parties that are and deemed as a legitimate business interest. The information we hold may include:
- Your Name
- Postal / Delivery Address’s (required to deliver your order)
- Password (encrypted record of your password)
- Phone / Mobile Number (For delivery issues / Updates)
- Email Address (Used as your login to our site)
- Tokenised Card Details (Limited details to aid future purchases and refunds)
- IP Address / Browser Type (Used for Payment / Fraud Checks)
- Product Order / Invoice History (To fulfil any copy invoice’s / Warranty / Returns)
- Email Marketing Data via “Tracking Pixels / Tracking Beacon”
- Recipient’s IP address, browser, email client type, Open time / Date and other similar Details.
HOW WILL WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
The collected information about you is used to process your order, manage your account and aid any further communication regarding your order. For example a request for warranty / support with your purchase in the future / Product Review / Feedback.
In the processing of your order, we may be required to share your details with our approved third parties:
- Couriers – To provide required tracking and order updates for your order, Our most common courier partners are:
- Business Post
- Finance / Payment Merchants – To complete the payment process for your order maybe:
- Amazon Pay
- Suppliers that offer certain ship direct product ranges:
- Ingram Micro
- Target Components
- Spire Technology
- Manufacturers only in the request of warranty work on your item we may be required to provide some Personal Data / Contact information. Ie if your product is within Warranty with a Manufacturer and we need to send the item off for repair on your behalf.
- Product Reviews - In order to obtain impartial reviews on our products and service we partner with Trustpilot who email you after purchase to request feedback..
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your agreement. You have a right to ask for a copy of the information which we are holding and we will delete information or correct any inaccuracies for no charge as soon as you make the request.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your information data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Data will only be released to other third parties (e.g. the police / HMRC) on request where there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
ComputerMonster.co.uk use email marketing to reach out to our customers / subscribers to notify you all of our great deals. If you also agree to marketing communications, We share some of your personal information to approved third parties to offer a range of services / offers. This choice is offered to you during the signup process. At any time you can unsubscribe from this by clicking unsubscribe.
CUSTOMER SERVICE / PRODUCT REVIEWS
ComputerMonster.co.uk pride ourselves on our customer service and are keen to get feedback and reviews on our products / service that you receive from ComputerMonster.co.uk. We share your order details ie the product purchased and only your email address to request a review on our service / product to help us improve our products and services in the future.
Our Review Partner is uk.Trustpilot.com
Trustpilot Legal - Terms and Conditions
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result. If you would like advice and assistance here please contact at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
HOW TO CONTACT US
By Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone – 01446 311107
By Letter – FAO Data Protection Officer, ComputerMonster.co.uk, ESPLANADE BUILDINGS, 4 BEACH VIEW, FRIARS ROAD, BARRY, VALE OF GLAMORGAN, CF62 5TJ
In Person - ComputerMonster.co.uk, ESPLANADE BUILDINGS, 4 BEACH VIEW, FRIARS ROAD, BARRY, VALE OF GLAMORGAN, CF62 5TJ